Hartsville Triathlon
I apologize for not updating our blog. I'm horrible at procrastinating. We have been very busy lately! David participated in his first triathlon this past Sunday in Hartsville. He finished in a little under 1 hour 45 minutes. He participated in the sprint triathlon. The sprint is the shortest of the triathlons, with a 500 meter swim, 15 mile bike ride, and 5K (3.1 mile) run. He has been training for this since May. When he first completed he wasn't sure if he was going to do this again, but after drinking some water and cooling off, he's thinking he'd like to do another one next year (we'll see, though). There were about 200-300 participants in the triathlon. About half were doing the sprint triathlon, and the other half were participating in the international triathlon (1500 meter swim, 27 mile bike ride, and 10K (6.2 mile) run). I'm very proud of David and the discipline he had to train for his triathlon. I'm very proud of the fact that he finished. Good job babe!
Hunting Island State Park
I read about Hunting Island in the latest edition of South Carolina Wildlife magazine, so we woke up on a Sunday morning and I told David we were going to take a Rebekah field trip. I didn't tell him where we were going, so I loaded he and Rudie up in the car and took off. About half way there he figured out where we were headed. I have never been to Beaufort (even though I was born and raised right here in Charleston), and have wanted to see the area. Hunting Island State Park is truely a hidden jewel! It has great beach access, many trails to explore, great fishing, and a lighthouse (which you can climb to the top). There's all sorts of awesome bird watching there. We saw some massive great egrets, as well as some blue herons. I even recall someone telling us not too long ago that he saw a Chuck Will's Widow there. We weren't lucky enough to see one of those, though. There is also a really nice campground on the beach there (with nice restrooms and amenities), so we will definitely be heading back there for a weekend camping trip. Anyway, we enjoyed climbing to the top of the lighthouse and walking along the lagoon trail. There are many varieties of palmetto and palm trees throughout the park. It was absolutely beautiful! And it's just a short drive from downtown Beaufort. This is definitely another jewel of the lowcountry, of course everything in the ACE Basin area is amazing!


3 comments:
Way to go David!! That is so awesome!! And inspiring!! I also love the 'Rebekah's Field Trip' idea... must steal that one... hehe. We miss y'all. Guess we won't see you this week but next week, yes?? Until then!
Hurray!! That is awesome David! We are so proud of you.
You da man, David!
Post a Comment