We have had an insanely busy week! I am very grateful for the craziness in our
lives right now, as it keeps my mind occupied.
I will start off by saying we are still waiting on LOA (any surprise
there?). Things are moving again in Ch,
which is a great thing. Pretty much all
of the other people waiting for LOA (around the 80+ day mark) received notice
last week that their dossier is out of translation (OOT). We have not been notified of being OOT
yet. I’m going to be very transparent
here and state this has made me VERY frustrated. In fact, I really don’t think I can
adequately portray how frustrated I am over this with written words. I am thankful to have a wonderful husband who
sits back and listens to me while I rant, rave, and say all sorts of
not-so-nice things laced with words that I’m not going to repeat here. I honestly wonder if we will EVER get to Ch—there are
days that I certainly feel like this is a big game, and that it will never
happen. So, there you go—that’s the
honest to truth way I feel.
So, as I mentioned earlier, things have been busy here. Kathryn turned 3 years old on June 22nd! We celebrated as a family on the 22nd,
and then had her actual party on Saturday, June 29th. I love to throw big parties, and they do seem
to grow larger by the minute. This year
was no different. We had the party at
the Sand Dunes again, and had a great turn out!
We had 63 people there --including adults and children of all ages ;) It was a warm day (luckily not as hot as her
first birthday party), so the pool felt so refreshing after 3 hours of running
around decorating, cooking, talking to everyone, opening gifts, and all that
fun stuff! Kathryn had a blast seeing
all of her friends, and is having a blast playing with all of her new toys,
stickers, and artwork sets! We are so
thankful for all our friends who came and celebrated her birthday with us!!
We have some more fun family stuff coming up that I will
blog about later. In the mean time
please keep us in your prayers. Pray
that we find out about being OOT soon (this week would be great), and we
receive our LOA very soon. I’m
emotionally burnt out from all of this, and honestly do not know how much more
I can handle. Anyway, below are a couple of pictures from Kathryn's party. This year we did a mix of Minnie Mouse, bright colors, and the garden/lady bug theme (which we've done for the last 2 years). It all worked, though!




No comments:
Post a Comment