Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Reviewed! One step closer!

We have FINALLY made it through the next step on our way to LOA.  We were listed in the new computer database as “reviewed”.  With the old system you most likely would have never heard this news, but with the new database they are able to pretty much see each step.  Supposedly the next step is “matched” which is the electronic version of the LOA.  They will then send the hard copy to our adoption agency.  There’s really no telling how long it will take to get matched and then our paper copy of our LOA.  Of the two people I’ve spoken with (who have recently received LOA), one received hers in 7 days and one received hers in 10 (that’s the hard copy).  If there’s one thing I’ve learned through this whole adoption process, it’s to throw out any timelines.  Since the computer update at the end of May, everything has slowed down to a snail’s pace.  Anyway, I just wanted to post this for anyone who may be coming behind us, so they can see how our process has gone.  Supposedly this new database is going to speed things up, and I sure hope it does for those behind us.
In the mean time, we have some fun stuff coming up for our family.  We have decided to do a quick Disney trip in a few weeks.  David had originally said he wanted to wait until the kids were older before we took them to Disney, but a few months ago he said he wished he had planned a trip this year.  I was originally thinking we’d be traveling to Ch in August or September, but since the adoption has not moved along as fast as we thought, we are finding ourselves with some extra time.  So, we decided to use some of that time to make a quick trip to Disney.  This has been a great “sidetrack” for me, as I really had a rough, emotional week last week in regards to the adoption.  I’ve been able to get my mind off of it by researching Disney, the rides, and different itineraries.  We want to see as much as we can (in the little bit of time we have), and we work best with an itinerary.  I think I’ve used and pinned more on pinterest in the last week than I have since I opened my account 2 years ago.  There’s some great stuff out there on how to plan out your day at the various parks so you can maximize your time there and get all the rides in.  At this time we’re not sure if we’re going to spend one day at Magic Kingdom and one day at Epcot, or if we’re going to spend both days at Magic Kingdom (I’m really leaning towards the latter right now).  Thankfully we have a few weeks before our trip to think about it more.
Since we won’t be traveling in September, we are also planning to go to Sky Top Orchard to pick some apples.  Kathryn had a blast picking them last year, and every time we talk about the mountains she says she wants to go pick apples.  We’ll wait until the Fuji’s are ready, and then head up there and pick a few buckets.

So, that’s where we’re at right now.  I’ll update again when we are LOA.  Hopefully it will be sooner rather than later!

No comments: