I’m calling this the first week post-LOA. I know we just received LOA on Monday, but a
bit of paperwork has been processed and sent off this week. Our agency sent our LOA to us over night, and
we received it Tuesday morning. David
and I met at the FedEx office in North Charleston to sign/date/pack it back up
(along with the other required papers), and then drove it around the corner to
the actual FedEx facility to overnight it back to our agency. Yes, we could have left it there at the FedEx
office store, but I wanted to take it directly to FedEx as I was extra nervous
about it getting shipped out that day.
And yes, a day can make a huge difference in the long run (it’s amazing
how a day delay at this time could potentially cause a week or two delay a
couple months down the road when we’re getting ready to travel). Anyway, afterwards we stopped by the Dragon
Palace on Daniel Island for a wonderful Chinese dinner! I’ve been waiting for months to celebrate
getting this LOA!!
Our LOA was received back at our agency on Wednesday
morning, and they sent a copy of it along with our I800 paperwork, DS230, and G-1145
form to USCIS. These are all immigration
forms, and are the last immigration forms that we have to complete/get approved
on the US side before travel. I should
receive a text message from USCIS once it is received at the lockbox (and that
will trigger my next steps, which I’ll blog about later). In regards to the original LOA: that is being sent back to Ch.
We also have to go ahead and order our visas for Ch. On Wednesday I touched base with the person
they recommend about ordering our visas, and filled out the required paperwork. The lady we’re using is actually a courier
service, so we send our paperwork and actual passports to her and she will take
them to the Ch consulate who will issue our travel visas. I FedEx’d our paperwork and passports to her
today, so they will be delivered to the Ch consulate (in Chicago) early next
week and processed. I should receive
them back in about a week and a half to two weeks.
I feel like we’ve processed a lot of paperwork this week
(not as much as we did during the home study process), but I’m glad things are
starting to roll again. I went to Target
today and bought some items that we’ll need to take with us when we go to
Ch. I’ll be participating in a travel
meeting in 2 weeks in which our agency will give us the information we need
regarding our trip, etc. I’ve also go to
finish up Evan’s room. I have taken a
break from all of that for the last couple of months as I ran out of steam
during the incredibly long LOA wait, but now that I have a better idea as to
when we’ll travel, I need to get moving on finishing it!
Yes, I did take a couple of pictures on Tuesday when we received the LOA. I will admit that I forgot to take a picture of David signing the LOA.
It has arrived!!!
Yes, we want to adopt Evan!!
Off it goes again, back to our agency!




No comments:
Post a Comment