Our Family

Our Family

Monday, September 23, 2013

Final Update and Article 5

We received our final update today on Evan with new measurements and 4 new pictures!  This is the last set of pictures and measurements we will receive before we go get him.  This will help us as we start to pack—it’ll still be a little guess about what size clothing to take, but I’m thinking he’ll be wearing 12-18 month clothing.  Some people buy clothing when they are there, but I think I’m going to pack a few outfits and shoes so I don’t have to worry about that right after we get him.  I figure we can manage with shoes a size or so larger than needed, and clothing can always be tucked and what not to fit (I feel like I’m almost a pro at that with Kathryn’s clothing since she is small).  Anyway, he’s weighing in at approx 24.5 lbs, which isn’t that much less than Kathryn. 

Paperwork wise we are still in the Article 5 stage.  It was dropped off last Mon night (Tues AM in Ch).  It usually takes 10 business days to process, so pick up is usually 2 weeks after drop off.  Unfortunately there was a holiday last week in Ch, and there’s another one next week, so that is delaying our process by 4 days (luckily the US consulate is only closed 4 days during the holiday—compared to 8 that the other governmental offices are closed).  That being the case, I’m thinking our Article 5 pick up will be right about the time the adoption office re-opens, so we’ll be getting in line for travel approval then (around Oct 8th or so).


So that’s all that’s going on right now.  We are slowly getting stuff together to pack, getting Evan’s room together, and getting ourselves prepared for the long journey.  We would really appreciate some prayers for Evan right now.  His whole world is getting ready to get flipped upside down.  Everything he knows (and has known since shortly after birth) is going to be taken away, and he’s going to be placed with us (people he does not know), and brought to a different country with different sounds, smells, food, etc.  Please pray for his attachment and bonding to us (that is goes smoothly), and as he grieves the loss of everything he has known up to now.  We all know that he is getting a family that will be with him forever, but he will not understand the changes which will be very hard on him.

Here are the 4 photos we received today:





No comments: