I just wanted to give a quick update! Our article 5 is wrapping up, and will be picked up from the US Consulate next Tuesday, 10/8. It will then be sent overnight to the Ch adoption group, and we will get in line for travel approval (TA)! They are saying TA comes in 2-3 weeks, and then we'll be making plans to get on a plane to go get Evan! We are still thinking/praying we'll be traveling in the beginning of November.
This week has been an exciting week in the US as our government has shut down. At first we were hearing where it could cause the US consulates to shut down, which would affect when we could get a consulate appointment. We have since learned that they are not shutting down as they are a fee-based service, which is great news!! I'm so glad we don't have to worry about that being an issue.
My plan is to start packing next week (we're going to get some new luggage this weekend as ours is falling apart). I have a few more items to get to take as gifts, but those are easy to get. I am also going to start Christmas shopping next week, as we need to get all of that out of the way prior to travel since we're going to pretty much be locked in our house for a month or so after we get home. So, it's good to go ahead and knock that out!!
Anyway, so that's a quick update as to where we're at right now. I guess I will post again when we get TA, or if/when something else exciting happens (hopefully nothing exciting will happen--hopefully we'll just get TA).
Thursday, October 3, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Congratulations! So excited for your family!
Post a Comment