Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Last full day in Taiyuan

Today was our last full day in Taiyuan.  We all headed to the Shanxi museum this morning, which was incredible.  We only made it about 1/2 way through before Kathryn was ready to leave.  If we've learned anything during our time in China, it is best to follow the lead of the kids to avoid a meltdown.  We've had way too many meltdowns around here, and way too many stares and evil looks.  So, we headed out and went to the bank to exchange more money.  Afterwards we headed to Pizza Hut and got a pizza to go.  That was a huge welcome relief!!  We have literally eaten KFC chicken sandwiches (they call them chicken burgers) and fries every day since Sunday.  Thank goodness I don't have a KFC in our town anymore because I think we've had our fair share for the next year or so.

Our guide will be bringing some paperwork to our room tonight, and hopefully Evan's passport is ready so she can drop that off as well.  Tomorrow afternoon we leave Taiyuan and go to Guangzhou to do the US immigration paperwork.  I am so ready to get to this next step (the last step)--i'm really looking forward to being in a hotel that is more family friendly!!  And on that note, we are half way through our trip here.  We are very much so looking forward to getting home next Thursday!

Happy Halloween to all our US friends!  I hope to see a lot of cute Halloween pics on facebook.  We sure wish we could be there to celebrate--Kathryn is super bummed to be missing out on trick or treating (and so am I).

No comments: