It has been a whirlwind 48 hours!! We received our TA on Thursday, and then Thursday night we received word that our Consulate appointment (CA) was scheduled for 11/5. That means we're leaving for Ch NEXT WEEK!! Crazy! I immediately emailed a recommended travel agent, and we were able to finally get flights confirmed last night. We ended up paying a little more for flights so we could have one stop each way (versus several stops each way with many layovers). I am so relieved that part is done, and we were able to get the flights we wanted--such a blessing!!
This morning I touched base with the guide our agency recommends, and set up her services for our time in Beijing. We're going to be in Beijing for 48 hours, so this will give us a chance to see the Great Wall and get acclimated (a little) before heading on over to Evan's province on Sunday.
It's hard to believe that this time next week we'll be in Ch! A week from Monday Evan will be placed in our arms. Please keep him in your prayers as his world is getting ready to be turned upside down. Everything he has ever known is going to be taken away from him, and it will be frightening. It will be one of the best days of our lives, yet it will be the worst day for him.
I'll be blogging during our trip (given I can get a good internet connection and get the VPN's to work).
Saturday, October 19, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment