Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Life changes!



So it's been forever since i've updated this. I apologize. So much has happened--obviously. Kathryn was born on June 22nd at 5:29am, and weighed 7 lbs 11 oz. She is growing like a weed--she will be 3 months this week! Time is flying by so quickly. We are enjoying every minute of it, even when we were having to get up in the middle of the night for feedings. Now I understand why people have several kids (i'm not going to have more than 2-3 I promise)! I put off having kids for a while as we wanted to travel and enjoy just being a couple for a while. I'm glad we did that, but i'm also amazed at how awesome it is to be a parent. It's not an easy road; I know we'll have ups and downs, but it is amazing!


Now that i'm a stay at home Mom, I've gotten involved in a women's small group on Thursday mornings at Seacoast. I've also become involved in Seacoast MOPS, and am excited about the new friendships I will develop there! On the other hand, where I was hoping to stay on top of the housework, i'm finding that the house is still a disaster--it's just as difficult to keep things clean now as it was before she was born. Not to mention I think there is literally a coalition of spiders that have a meeting in the walls while i'm cleaning house, and they must discuss things like who can re-build their web the fastest after i'm done cleaning (I can never seem to totally get rid of those things no matter how much I vaccum and dust).


So, this is just a short blog post with a quick update. We are very blessed and thankful God has given us the gifts He has. One thing I keep reminding myself, though, regarding my gifts is that they are here for us to hold lightly in our hands as God will one day take and mature/flourish those gifts (paraphrased from our pastor Greg Surratt). That is my hope and prayer for Kathryn, and all of our kids.


Kathryn's dedication (8/22/10)

1 comment:

The Koch's said...

She is so sweet!!! What an amazing blessing.